Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

More Gym Stories

Let me start by saying that I have been known to sing out loud, and probably very off key, when I have my headphones in. I love to sing while riding my bike, I figure I am moving fast enough that no one really pays attention. When on an easy run, I even sing a little while running. Sometimes I'm tempted to sing aloud while at the gym, but always stop myself before making a spectacle. The other day I was swimming at the gym and started to hear some type of singing or music. I knew it was too early for water aerobics and it didn't really sound like a radio. I finally popped my head up and saw that it was a woman doing her own version of water aerobics with some type of i-pod and singing loudly. I couldn't really tell what song she was singing, the indoor pool already has an echo, so it was quite the sound. Maybe I need to learn to be a little less self conscious, she seemed pretty oblivious and appeared to be enjoying herself. How about you, are you ever worried about doing things that break social norms?

1 comment:

Julia said...

YES!!! but I catch myself singing out loud on the TM sometimes...oops. Or just talking to myself in general ;)