Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Come Back to Texas

This is the firstborn nephew, Joshua David Broadbent, age, 19. The first few weeks of his life I would spend my lunch hours at his house holding and feeding him, I was amazed by his little old man look and totally in love with being an aunt. When he was in the second grade they moved to Texas and I had to start working extra hard to be the best aunt ever. It's rough to be the favorite through packages, visits and texting. At the end of June, it got much easier, Josh moved to Utah to live with my parents. It has been so much fun having him here. I think everyone has loved it for different reasons, my parents have enjoyed the company, the little kids have a built in playmate, and I have just enjoyed him being around. So, just when we are having a great time, he decides to go back to Texas. What???
So, he actually has a super responsible reason for moving. He's figured out what he wants to do with his life (business music) and is going home to Dallas for a few weeks then to Austin for school. That's probably the real reason, but I like to think that ever since he got here he's been haunted by Bowling for Soup's "Come Back to Texas"

Come back to Texas
It's not the same since you went away
Before you lose your accent
And forget all about the Lonestar state

Troy Aikmen wants you back
Willie Nelson wants you back
NASA wants you back
And the Bush twins want you back
And Pantera wants you back
And Blue Bell wants you back
I got a premonition
I'm taking a petition
And the whole state's gonna sign.

I don't know if it's the Bluebell ice cream, or the petition signed by all of his friends, but he left us. Boo! Tuesday night before he left we went up the canyon for dinner.

It's pretty much tradition that we have a self-portrait.
The babies were ready for smores as soon as we got there.

Good buddies.
As you can see, everyone had a great time.

Especially these two.
I couldn't figure out why my mom wasn't in any of the pics. Apparently she was too involved in the marshmallow roasting. At one point she had sticky marshmallow all up and down her arms. The smores she made were delish.

These are our sad faces when we said goodbye.
Hope Austin treats you well.
We will miss you.
Thank goodness we have snowboarding.
He will be back.

No comments: