Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 28, 2011

No Recipe Needed

This has become our go-to dinner. Salmon patties from Costco and "quinoa suprise" . Have you discovered the goodness that is quinoa? If not, do yourself a favor and check it out. It is a grain that is super healthy (think protein), easy to cook, and delicious. I have prepared it several different ways, but my current favorite was inspired by Kathleen at http://www.jeremyandkathleen.blogspot.com/. I roasted asparagus, portabella mushrooms and spinach with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. When the veggies were done, I mixed them with cooked quinoa and added a little soy sauce and rice vinegar for extra flavor. Super simple and absolutely delish!

P.S., You are welcome for the dinner idea. Now what should I make tonight since I think we have to wait at least a week before we can have this meal again.

3 comments:

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

I love both salmon and quinoa! You can make a million different things with it, it's a pantry staple!

Glad you enjoy audio books too! I agree on long runs they are great too!

Melissa said...

I've never tried Quinoa. I may have to give it a try. I also saw a tempting recipe on The Sisters Cafe blog. While you are there, try their Honey Lime Enchiladas.

sisterscafe.blogspot.com

Julia said...

ahhhhhhhh!! just saw your comment...so hilarious! such a small world. I am already excited for pump next week!! I so wanted to try and come today but had to be at work in draper by 8. booo.

I need to try quinoa...I still have yet to try it! and I love everything in this little dish you made :)