Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Forever Young

Monday afternoon I was standing in the airport security line. There were a lot of people who clearly thought they were very important, so I had awhile to observe the agent checking boarding passes and ids. He was not particularly friendly and made no small talk. When it was my turn, I just handed him my stuff with no chit chat. He examined everything, then dead pan said about my id "this can't be yours". I looked up, confused. Still the same look on his face he says, "you look way too young to be a person with this birth date". I didn't think it was appropriate to give the TSA guy a hug, but I thought about it.
That night I was hanging out with Craig and Hailey and their sweet new baby Roman (pics to come soon). When I first saw Craig he asked if I was Benjamin Button. He told me that I seem to look younger every time he sees me. I definitely gave him a hug.
I was feeling pretty good about myself until today when I made your basic "when I was a kid... comment. Isn't that the definition of old?
Speaking of Forever Young, if you haven't heard the JayZ song, Young Forever with a little sampling of Forever Young, do yourself a favor. It came out last year and is still one of my favs.

No comments: