Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Little Red Century Ride


The Little Red Riding Hood century ride is one of my favorite events and when I signed up during the winter, it seemed like a great idea.  When it came time to actually ride, I wasn't quite so sure.  It was a cold spring and it seemed like it rained nearly every weekend which kept me from getting in the amount of training that I would normally like to do.  I also crashed which put me out of commission for a bit and made me a little more nervous on my bike.  The ride is the first weekend in June and it just kind of arrived all of a sudden and left me feeling really anxious about the entire experience.  For a brief moment I actually considered just staying home and bailing on the whole thing, but I had planned to go and ride with my cousin Suzi and her friend Jomi so that was enough to get me packed and out the door.  The drive to Lewiston seemed to take all afternoon and we dealt with traffic the entire way so it was nice to finally arrive, get checked in and settled for the night.

Saturday morning was cold!  I worried about feeling like a pack horse once it warmed up, but decided that I hate to ride cold, so I added several layers and was so glad that I had.  We started off with a large pack of riders and were able to stay with other ladies for a lot of the ride.  Jomi got a flat tire about 15 miles in, but other than that, the ride went so smoothly and we had the best time.  There were a few hills and some tough parts, but mostly it was just fun and we felt like we rode strong.

One of my favorite spots on the course.


The hill into Idaho was a steep and tough as ever - it but I was determined not to let it get to me this year.  I put on some angry music and was so proud no to get to get passed by any other riders.  Once we had conquered the hill, the rest of the ride seemed so easy and were were excited just to finish.

The finish line party is always the best!



The statistics!

No comments: