Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Boys of Summer


The month of June meant the last few games of Luke's first T-Ball season.  Luke had the best time and I was impressed with how much he and the entire team progressed over the course of the season.  I hadn't realized, but Luke had really wanted to play in a league where they hit from a pitcher.  He was a little disappointed that I had signed him up for T-Ball. but it ended up being the perfect league for his first year.  He was able to focus on hitting, running, and learning to field without the worry of a pitch.  His skills have really improved and I think he will be ready for coach pitch next year.

Tim didn't officially sign up as coach, but definitely shared the coaching duties for most of the season.  The kids needed a lot of direction in the field so Tim ended up helping at the games, and often stepped in to help during practice.  The coach's wife told me how much they appreciated Tim's help, and I know Luke loved having his dad as a part of the team. 

One last cheer!

These pictures are from several different games, but they are some of my favorites.  Each time Luke got up to bat he would look around to find both Tim and I and make sure we were watching.   He would then usually wave and give us a big grin before batting.  When he rounded third base to home, he got so excited and ran as though the game depended on his score.  Several parents commented on how enthusiastic he was.  I love to watch him play - Luke's joy in life's everyday activities is one of my very favorite traits of his. 






Ruby thought the games were too long and hot 
So she worked hard at keeping herself entertained.

No comments: