Total Pageviews

Monday, July 9, 2018

Lake Time


For my birthday this year I told Tim I would like a paddleboard - he surprised me and gave me two so we could all go adventuring together.  A few weeks ago we packed up the kids and the paddleboards and headed down to Utah Lake for their inaugural run.  It isn't the perfect location - the water is murky, and the mud feels like quicksand, but it is super close and convenient, and on a Saturday afternoon, that seemed like the most important detail.  It was fun to open the new boards and figure out how to pump them up and get out moving on the water.  Luckily we had Taylor and Brycen with us so they did a lot of the work, but I was impressed with how easy the boards are to use.  We took turns and all loved being out on the water.  The kids hopped off and on and I was impressed with how stable the boards were.  We had the best time together on the water.







Shortly before we were ready to pack up and leave, the wind really started to pick up and made it tough to control the board and keep out of the reeds and away from the shore.  Brycen was trying to take some pictures of me and Luke and this was the best he could get.  Since the water was so shallow, I finally gave up fighting the wind and just got off and pushed the board back to our camp.

We finished our  lake day with pizza in the back yard.

A few days after Father's Day, Tim and the big kids went back to the lake for more fun.  This time they went up the river where the water was deeper and cleaner and there was more to explore.  It may not be fancy, but we are having the best time creating memories on the water.





Ruby didn't make it to the lake, but she didn't miss out on the fun!

No comments: