Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

I'm finally getting around to catching up on our long celebration of Thanksgiving.  It started last weekend when we went to Park City with Tim's family.  We stayed the weekend at a Marriott resort where the kids swam, played games, and ran wild while the adults spent a lot of time chatting and watching football.  With everything that we did over the weekend, this is the only picture I took.  Dave is Tim's brother in law and he loves Luke, if Dave is around I have a permanent baby sitter.  Sweet little Chloe was so cute, she is Tim's cousin's baby.  They are only a few weeks a part in age so we had to get a shot of the difference in size.

Thanksgiving morning I got up and went to the gym.  I am one of those weirdos who loves to go to the gym on holidays because I am not so rushed for time.  There were special, longer cycle and pump classes and they did not disappoint.  After getting showered and a few little jobs at home, we jumped in the car and headed to Kaysville to spend some time with Tim's family.  Technically we just went to have a little snack and socialize, but of course we had to enjoy all of the delicious food.  Luke was happy to oversee and be the literal center of attention.



I'm so thankful for this hot honey
After some visiting, we got back in the car and headed to Santaquin where we had dinner with my family.  There was a lot of visiting, hanging out, and of course, all of the favorites that my mom makes.





Friday afternoon the girls made the traditional visit to a craft fair in Spanish Fork.  This year we all found lots of treasures and I even got a few gifts purchased.  The trip was definitely a success once we found the mini donuts-the best part of the whole festival.

Friday night we bundled up and headed out to watch a little soccer.  BYU Women's soccer team has had a fabulous season and was playing North Carolina in the Elite 8.  My cousin's daughter (second cousin?), Paige Hunt is a Freshman and has had an incredible year.  We were super excited to go cheer her on and had a great time at the game despite the cold.  The game went into double overtime and North Carolina pulled out the win with just a few minutes to go.  It was a heartbreaking loss, but the team was incredible and has so much to be proud of.




Saturday Luke and I were on our own for the day while Tim went to Logan.  I got an 11 mile run in on the treadmill while Luke was sleeping, then started the long task of bringing out the Christmas decorations.  Between naps, feedings, changings, etc., it took a lot longer than I am used to.  I think I finally got a shower at about ten but it felt great to go to bed with the house looking and feeling so festive.


 Whew, it was quite the Thanksgiving and I'm thankful for the celebrations of thanks.  I'm not sure that I'm ready to go back to work, but it will be good to get back to some routine.



No comments: