Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Help


Have you read The Help? Seen the movie? If not, run fast and do both. Go ahead...I'll wait.
When the book first came out my friend Jen told me to put it on the top of my "to read" list. I paid the price for the hard back copy - proof I really wanted to read it - and was immediately hooked. I flew through the book and was super excited when I heard they were making a movie. Last weekend we went and the movie did not disappoint, just like the book it made me cry a little and laugh a lot. Even my dad was affected, he claims he was just hot and sweaty, but I think those were some tears. I know there are some criticisms, some people want the race relations to be more realistic, they don't like a white woman telling a black story, etc., but ignore the critics and embrace The Help. I could give you the synopsis and highlights, but just know that the characters are completely endearing and you will leave either the book or the movie feeling great - what more could you want.
A

I know there are some criticisms of the book, people want the race issues to be more real, etc.

No comments: