Total Pageviews

Monday, May 9, 2011

Ride With Me

The weather today makes it hard to believe,


But Saturday was perfect for riding.


All of my peeps were otherwise committed so I rode alone,,


Mostly,


I decided to bring you all along for the ride,


In case you've never had the chance to see this beauty in person,


Here is my bike which I pretty much love.


I could impress you with all of the technical stats,


But let's be honest, do you really care when it is so cute.


I had a new book on my I-pod and was ready to roll.


It started off kind of abruptly, but


I figured it would all make sense eventually.


After a full chapter I was still lost,


No big surprise considering it was chapter 22.


I finally figured out I had only downloaded part 2. Oops.


Not to worry, I had another book and lots of music


So I pulled over, switched the I-pod,


And was back in business.





Between Provo and Springville there is a development


That was never finished.


It's perfect for riding, smooth roads and no cars.


I am not sure if this was discarded, or meant as art...


Either way, I usually laugh when I ride by.




Ahhh, this is what makes the hill climbing worthwhile,


Hobble Creek Canyon


I knew the Provo Marathon/Half Marathon was Saturday.


What I didn't know was that it would be right on my route.


It was super fun to see several people I knew.


And, lets be honest here, whether I know you or not,


Seeing runners at the end of a race makes me cry.


Congrats to all the runners.

You inspire me.

2 comments:

Julia said...

awww! love this! it looks like you had such a gorgeous ride!! that pic is from the HOTTEST part of the race. okay...maybe not. but that part is where I remember being so hot and just wanting to be finished :) I just stalked rachelle's comments and saw that you are running st george as well!?! woooo hooo!! i am so excited!

Melissa said...

Inspiring....I really need to get in the groove again. I'm having a hard time find my friend named motivation.

AND--hilarious about the book. Something I would do for sure :)