Total Pageviews

Friday, May 20, 2011

Namaste

I used to do yoga 1-2 times a week but over the last year have mostly slacked and practiced only sporadically. I have decided it is something that I need to make a priority. All of my gym time puts a lot of physical stress on my body, and life in general adds a healthy dose of emotional stress. Yoga seems to be the best way to counteract the damage. I went to a really great class this week, the teacher was a good mix of mind/body and really emphasized deep, calming breaths. It must be the mind clearing aspect, but I find a lot of life paralells while in strange positions. The teacher challenged everyone to try an arm balance (which I cannot do but tried) and several people fell. He commented"It's ok if you fall as long as you are breathing peacefully when you do". I just keep thinking about that. Bumps along the road are inevitable, but finding a place of peace is what helps us survive. Not sure if this makes as much sense to anyone else as it did to me, but if not, think about it a little longer.

I respect the place in you that is of love, of truth, of light. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are one. Namaste

1 comment:

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

yes yes and yes! it is so easy to get caught up in kicking your own butt every day and forget to take the time to give it some love too. i am on the same boat. i need to give it some love and BALANCE my routine a little more.