Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

I've been reading lots of blogs with tributes to mothers. It makes me feel a little guilty that I didn't think to do anything like this. The truth is that my mom is pretty much amazing., I was just having a pity party so probably best to save a tribute to another day. The short version though is that my mom is great.

This year mother's day was really hard for me, I mostly wanted to stay in bed all day and just let it pass without notice. That seemed a little self indulgent though, so I got out of bed and joined the celebrations. Tim was super sweet with a card and the glider/bench for our front yard that I had been wanting. Later in the afternoon we went to my brother's house for dinner with his family and my parents. Cue the waterworks. Do you remember this little cutie, I call her my baby girl, my heart, Ada Potata, etc., and she is all of that and more. As soon as I walked in her house she gave me a hug and said she they had a present for me. When I asked why she said "of course for Mother's Day". Jami then told me that Ada had told her they needed to find a gift for me because I was the best aunt ever and practically like her mom.


Here is a picture of the gifts. They were all wrapped up in a gift bag with my name.


And here is the card. I cried then, and I'm crying again just remembering the moment. It's hard to believe she is only six. The only help she had from her mom was how to spell perfume. The note was all her idea - she said she wanted to give me some clues about the surprises. Her thoughtfulness was exactly what I needed and I ended the day smiling.




BTW, don't you love how she gives the rest of the family credit. Priceless.

1 comment:

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

that note is SO cute!

i really need to try steel cut oats. i just need to think about it in advance! thank you for reminding me!