Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Tibble Creek Reservoir



Last Friday I was anxious to spend some time together as a family so we decided it was time to have an adventure.  We packed up the kids, food, drinks, toys, hats, tents, chairs, etc. and headed up to Tibble Fork Reservoir.  We had not been there before, but it may be our new favorite place.  The views are amazing and the sand was perfect for little ones to play.  The only thing that would have made the day better would have been to have a kayak or standup paddle board.  Next time....

While at the reservoir I spent a lot of time just sitting and watching Luke and Ruby play - it is one of my favorite things to do.  I love listening to their games and voices and seeing how much fun they have together.  Friday I saw one of my very favorite interactions...Some other kids had picked up a few of Luke's sand toys and he wanted them back to play.  I kept encouraging him to go ask nicely that they let him play with his toys but he repeatedly said he was scared.  Ruby was sitting by me having a drink and after listening, she first told Luke that she would go with him to ask.  When he still seemed unsure, she took matters into her own hands and went and asked for the toys and brought them all to Luke.   She was so pleased to have made him happy and I loved the way she looked out for her brother.  It was such the perfect moment to watch each of their little personalities


Ruby will always find the nearest mud puddle



Our little family had the best time together



A beautiful spot for a selfie.


Luke was so brave to go out this far, the water was freezing!

Tim was a good sport and got in the water with the kids.





Tim took the fishing poles and found a fishing hole close to where we were playing.  He and Luke went back and forth, checking the poles and were rewarded with two fish.  The kids were beside themselves with excitement and couldn't wait to get home to cook and eat their catch.  Once again, they each ate an entire fish other than the few bites they let me share.  I think it's official, Luke and Ruby love rainbow trout. 


No comments: