Total Pageviews

Friday, December 6, 2013

Ruby - Two Months

While we try to teach or children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.

There are only 940 Saturdays between your child's birth and them leaving for college, 
So make them count.   

It's hard to believe that sweet little Ruby has already been with for eight of those Saturdays.  As much as I love to see her grow and develop, I mostly wish I could slow time down to just keep enjoying her sweet little newborn spirit.  Luke was such a easy baby.  I didn't think it was possible to get another baby that was so good natured but we have definitely been twice blessed.  Ruby is just sweet.  She rarely fusses and is generally very content.  At about five weeks she started sleeping through the night - most mornings I have to wake her up if I want to feed her before I leave.  She is holding her head up really well and can turn it from side to side when she does tummy time.  A few weeks ago she got some sort of bug and had a lot of spit ups and blow outs.  It made me nervous because she really wouldn't eat much and started to get too skinny.  Luckily she recovered well and is finally starting to put on some weight.  Recently she has grown out of some of her newborn clothes and has moved into size 1 diapers.  Unfortunately, she still is prone to blow outs.
The best thing ever is that Ruby has found her smiles.  She smiles and coos when you talk to her and already seems to have something to say.  Luke loves her, and always wants to be close to her but he hasn't really figured out the need to be soft with her.  She is going to need to be tough to survive him.  
When she was seven weeks old we left her to be babysat for the first time, Grandma Broadbent.  At eight weeks she stayed with Grandma Whitesides.  We are lucky to have grandmas who love her so much for the few times we are willing to leave her. Unfortunately, I have had to get really used to leaving her - I had to go back to work this week.  Boo, it's hard and that's all I can say about it right now...I mean really, who would want to leave this sweet Little LuLu




And here are the smiles.

Remember what I said about blow outs.....

Hopefully he will always be this willing to share his toys with her


She is absolutely adored by everyone









And the rest of the shoot...










No comments: