Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Nine Months

We haven't been to the doctor for his nine month check up so I don't have any official stats to report, but it feels like every day he looks bigger, I just want to slow down time.  His first Christmas was fun, although he does still have some presents waiting to be unwrapped - he got too distracted by the paper.  He still doesn't have any teeth, there is one on the bottom that looks close, but so far, he is still a toothless wonder.  He's eating a lot more "solids", but they don't really require teeth so he is ok.  His big trick of this month is that he has started waving "bye bye".  He actually just started it on his own one day when my friend said goodbye to him.  He's pretty pleased with himself and likes to show it off whenever he can.
The big news of the month is that we left him for a weekend - first time that I have been away from him since he was born.  Tim and I went to California for some fun in the sun and Luke stayed home with grandpa and grandma.  They seriously get grandparents of the year award because they also had Ada, Miles and Gavin.  It was tougher than I thought to leave him.  While we were gone I ran across a quote from Anne Lamott that put into words so much of what I have been feeling.  This is from her book Operating Instructions that is a memoir about the first year of her son's life.  She says "Before I got pregnant with Sam, I felt there wasn't anything that could happen that would utterly destroy me...now there is something that could happen that I could not survive: I could lose Sam.  I look down into his staggeringly lovely little face and I can hardly breathe sometimes.  He is all I have ever wanted and my heart is so huge with love that I feel like it is about to go off".  So true!




The longer his hair gets,
The crazier it looks.
I wanted the side view so you could
See how high the mohawk flows.

This boy loves his daddy!
He is really into faces,
Pinching noses, grabbing ears, etc.

He is really content to play by himself
He just likes you to talk to him.
Love the Afro Circus wig
He didn't even try to pul




No comments: