Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Eve Eve

The kids were not with us on Christmas day this year so we bumped the festivities up by a few days. On the night of the 23rd my parents came over for dinner and a movie and of course, gifts. The kids were all excited about the I-Tunes gift cards. My mom is famous for always giving them packs of gum - luckily they are big enough that the gum never ends up on my floor.

Just a side note, we watched the movie 17 Miracles. It's such a tragic story but the movie was well done. There were so many scenes of people suffering in the snow that I spent the entire movie freezing, then thinking how lucky I was to be inside my warm house.

Once the kids went to bed, we played Santa and set out Christmas gifts. The kids were totally spoiled, but they are really fun to buy for. It's kind of silly because we set out the presents in the front living room and then have to take them into the great room where there is more space for opening, but, I love how it looks. After everything is set out, I turn off the main lights and love to just sit there with the lights of the Christmas tree and all of the prettily wrapped packages.




No comments: