Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

April Miscellaneous

Currently April is in the lead for "best month ever" award.  We have had a fantastic time with birthdays, parties, family, etc.  The kids are at an age where they are just fun - and we are able to do so much together.  Yep, it's been a pretty great month.

One Sunday afternoon the little kids all disappeared from the backyard.  There were a few semi-panicky moments while we tried to figure out where they could have gone.  While double checking Jarin's back yard, we heard some giggle and discovered them inside the shed ready to go on safari. Watching kids use their imagination is one of my favorite things and this adventure was epic.


The pre-safari dig for treasures


Remember what I said about imaginative play?  Gavin and Juniper spent an afternoon during spring break at our house playing....Luke now wishes it could be spring break every day.  They had so much fun and even cleaned up all of their messes when they were done thanks to Gavin's instructions.





Tim figured out that Luke and Juniper have the same colored eyes.

Early morning ride with my best riding buddy

Don't let her smiling face fool you into thinking this was a mid-afternoon chat.  It was actually the middle of the night and she refused to sleep so we were having a snack while I tried to wear her down.  At some point she grabbed Piggie and begged me to take pictures of them together.  It was a long night, but I love that she lets me in on her little fantasy world sometimes.

Tim and Taylor enjoyed a Saturday afternoon in Salt Lake and attended the Priesthood session of General Conference.  They carved out plenty of time for a few pictures to remember the day.



Tim and the kids came to visit me (and the ducks) at work


There have been plenty of picnics already this Spring




After a long winter we are all ready to be outside in the sunshine








But don't get too comfortable because it is still spring in Utah and there are always a few snow showers that seem to lurk into Summer.


Cold days are perfect for indoor coloring

Ruby loves to fill her bed with all of her friends and pets.  Mostly I just think she puts them all in so that she will have plenty to play with instead of napping.

Clearly they were ready for bed.


It was just a matter of time until Ruby discovered my make up and decided to help herself.  When Tim asked her what happened, she told him that Miss Nikki gave her candy that colored her lips.

We have loved the BYU Art Museum toddler classes.  Maybe one day my schedule will allow me to go with.  I originally signed them up because I love art so much.


I don't remember the details of this one, but I think it was something to do with the puck needing a bed and the animals standing guard....but don't quote me on that.

After weeks of anticipation, Ruby had her first official ballet performance. I was a little worried about whether or not she would perform - when we first got there she wouldn't leave my side and I had to stay back in the green room with her.  After watching a few performances I think her nerves settled down and she seemed to love performing - she told us after that she was just a little scared.









Spring soccer has been a lot of fun.



Luke and Drake are quite the little buddies



Just another Sunday at Grandpa and Grandma's house

The kids had delicious cookies for my birthday dinner.


Ruby was very intent on taking care of Jessica's hair

I may be willing to post the picture, but I'm definitely not ready to talk about it without tears. Somehow his first five years have passed way too quickly and I'm not ready to send him to the world.


After a few mis-steps and rescheduling, we had our first family number.  Tim and I pulled out all of the old Mormon songs (Hey Everybody it's Family Night) and the kids danced.  There was a lesson and some prayers, but the dancing was definitely the highlight of the evening. 


Luke's preschool had a fieldtrip to the park


Erika sent me the best birthday present ever (well other than a visit from her), pink sleeves!  I left them on all night and was pretty sad to take them off for bed - they are amazingly soft.  Can't wait to put them to the tes.

Gavin still has him by an inch or two...
But look out, Luke's coming for you

No comments: