Total Pageviews

Monday, February 1, 2016

January 2016

January has been snowy, and cold, and cloudy and bleak.  If you asked me how my month was, I might not be able to come up with too many highlights (other than Mexico of course).  But then I review all of the fun we have had throughout the month and realize that it is just a matter of perspective.  There have been plenty of good times, and lots of memories made.


Luke went to a birthday party for Drake, his friend in the neighborhood.  It was a planes party and he had been running around, flying planes ever since.  I was a little anxious to send him off to a birthday party without us (I may never cut the apron strings), but since it was at this pre-school teacher's house, I felt a little more comfortable.  He loves the fact that he is growing up and tells me often what a big boy he is and that soon he will be a bigger boy.




Grandma made a gingerbread house at the beginning of December and it has been tempting the kids ever since.  On the first Sunday in January she let them pillage the toys then smash and eat the house. They pretty much loved it.




The kids completed their Year in Review, well, mostly...


Luke loves to wear his hat to bed and has learned to wink,
He is so stinkin adorable.


 We spent an afternoon at The Museum of Natural Curiosity
The lighting makes it impossible to get a good picture,
So I mostly just sat back and enjoyed watching my babies explore.



Both kids refused to look at the camera,
But I wanted a picture of them in front of the big ruler
Just as a record of their height 

This looks like a toddler booking photo.



Luke got a pirate costume and is completely obsessed,
Yes, he sleeps in it as well. 


The rocking horse wasn't working
So Ruby went and got a tool to fix it. 


I had the sweetest experience in church and wanted a tangible reminder of the moment.  The second Sunday was Luke's first week as a Sunbeam.  All week we have talked about the fact that Luke is a bigger boy now and he has been excited to go to church.  The closing song from Sacrament meeting was I Am a Child of God.  Luke was so excited that it was a song he knew, he sat right up and sang along.  As I sat watching him, I was completely overwhelmed with my love for him and with gratitude for my little family.  I spent a lot of years not sure that this would ever be a blessing I would have so this was such a reminder to me of the results of faith and hope.


Poor Ruby girl, she had on her back pack and misjudged the stairs and fell all the way down.  She had a big goose egg and rug burn on her face.  






Nap time is becoming more of a struggle.  Both kids spend a lot of time playing in their beds and stalling before they ever fall asleep.  Some days it takes real dedication to get them to rest.


And other days you think that they are fast asleep and then you come in to find this.....


They are thrilled with their new bubble bath.

The night before we flew out to Mexico, we took the kids to Grandma and Grandpa Whitesides house.  Tim and I were both a little anxious and sad to leave them, the kids couldn't have been more excited for a sleepover adventure. 

And of course, time at grandma and grandpa's house is the best.







Ruby has always loved her Piggy Pig.  Luckily while she was at Grandma Whitesides, the pig got a makeover with some mending and new stuffing.  Ruby keeps it covered in a blankie and rocks it and reads stories to her piggy.   Such a good little mama.


Working on potty training



No comments: