Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 31, 2014

August 2014


August started off with a bang - Santaquin Cherry Days.  Luke has decided that parades are a good time, hang out with the cousins, wave to the people in the parade, and run around and get candy.  Ruby seems not to mind since some of the candy somehow ends up in her hands.




One of the favorite parts of the parade is the Olson Greenhouse's entry.  They have multiple trailers of flowers and hand them out like candy.  Gavin went out with grandma and was especially proud of the flower he scored.


The biggest event of the morning was not the parade or the town celebration, but something even more celebrated - I finally caved and allowed Luke to get a big boy haircut.  I had been thinking about it for awhile but after the parade I just felt bad for him because he was so sweaty and hot with all of his long hair.  Jarin mentioned that he could cut it so I didn't stop to think and sent him up with Gavin.  I thought he would do better without me.  Gavin showed him how he got his cut, held my phone to watch George, and kept him entertained while Jarin patiently cut.  


The difference in how he looked was so shocking, I literally almost didn't recognize him.  It took me a little bit to get used to, and I may have mourned his long hair for a few minutes, but he loves the cut and really looks so much cuter.


For the last several years my boss has invited business associates and employees to a picnic and play at Sundance.  It has been such a fun tradition and we loved the chance for a night out.  The play this year was Fiddler on the Roof.  It was a fantastic performance, the cast and crew were super talented.  But it seems like every time I see that play I wish I would have left at intermission.  The first half is so fun and the reality of the second half always just makes me sad.  This is the first time I have seen it since having kids and it made the decisions the parents have to make all the more heartbreaking. Suddenly heavy for an entry about a musical.



Boyd and Gayle came and stayed with the kids.  They brought a new toy for Luke which was a total hit.  We are so lucky that they love to spend time with our babies.

It seems like something extra special should be done to celebrate a 44th birthday.  Tim just really wanted to spend time with family and have a Papa Murphy's pizza, his favorite.  

 

After a pizza celebration on Saturday, Tim celebrated with Ada - his birthday twin - on Sunday.  Pina colada cake for Tim, Mazola cake for Ada.



The celebration continued the next weekend when we got to celebrate with Erika.  Somehow we only got pictures of her and the babies, none with her dad.





Lots of time spent outside: on the trampoline, at the park, etc.









Cousin day at Lagoon







Tim was lucky enough to get up to the hot pots twice in August.  The first time all the boys went....Tim, Taylor, Brycen and Everest.  The second time it was just Tim and his trusty companion Everest.







Last summer was the first in over ten years that I did not train for a marathon - it felt strange and I actually quite missed it.  August is a prime month for training and I have spent Friday mornings out on the trails.

16 miles

Hobble Creek Half Marathon



 A rough 20 miles

The 16 miles flew by with this girl.


Luke is currently obsessed with the book "Hand, Hand, Fingers Thumb".  What better way to end the month than with his two cute hands, drumming on a drum.



No comments: