Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Morning Musings

I am not a morning person.  Anyone who knows me well would say that there should be numerous exclamation points behind that statement as I really don't like mornings.  I have a hard time waking up and usually lie in bed until the last possible moment and then wake up kind of mad.  For years, as soon as I have managed to drag myself out of bed, I have headed immediately to the gym or outside to bike or run.  It took getting my exercise fix for me to wake up and be a reasonable person.
Enter Luke...We have been so lucky that he sleeps well.  He almost always sleeps through the night then wakes up between 5:00 to 6:00 a.m. to eat and then go back to sleep.  On the days I work, these early morning feedings are mine and for once in my life, I couldn't be happier about getting up early. When I leave for the day, I go to the gym and to work and am gone for a long time, so these morning feed are our special time together.  Luke is so cute, he usually wakes up just enough to eat and keeps his eyes closed, trying to stay asleep while he eats.  I snuggle him and tell him stories and we enjoy the morning silence.  Once he's been fed, changed and burped, it's time to wrap him back up and put him to bed.  He opens his eyes and gives me a smile before I leave which totally makes my day.
Last week after I left the house I just kept thinking about him, what a sweet baby he is, and how lucky I am to start my mornings with him.  I knew that having Luke would bring us a lot of joy but I think I underestimated how completely he would change my life.  I'm grateful for our mornings together and all of the other time that I get to spend hanging out with my boy.

No comments: