Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I Lost My Car

Seriously, it was like something out of a sitcom. When I pulled into the gym parking lot last night I was on the phone and paid zero attention to where I parked. Big mistake. It didn't seem like a big deal until it was time to go home and I realized that I had no idea where I parked my car. Did I mention that the parking lot is huge. Oh, and that I was in a short sleeve t-shirt with no jacket, flip flops and soaking wet hair. I started walking in the direction I thought I had parked, sure that I would spot it but pretty soon found myself wandering up and down every aisle. There are a lot of people who drive red SUVs. My key fob doesn't set off an alarm but does flash the lights so I kept hitting it in hopes that I would see the lights or hear the doors lock and unlock. I almost resorted to asking a stranger to drive me around but that seemed way over the line of pathetic. After about ten minutes I finally spotted the car and have never been so happy to see the trusty Pathfinder. Ten minutes may not seem like a long time, but it feels like forever when it is 23 degrees outside. By the time I got in the car my hair strands were frozen and my toes and fingers were numb. It took the rest of the night to get warm! Lesson learned.

No comments: