Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Race For The Cure

While I was in Texas I got to hang with Jess and her soccer team (and several thousand others)at the Race for the Cure. Can you believe none of the girls wanted to wear their Homecoming Mums? Talk about a missed opportunity. The crowd at the race was enormous and there were all kinds of great t-shirts and costumes. Jesse's moustache was the hit of the day, everyone we passed made a comment and wanted to know where to get their own. I thought the princess crown was plenty and opted out of the moustache. Apparently I missed the guy with the bedazzled bra - tragic. Our t-shirts are a little bland from the front, but thanks to TWG Insurance who sponsored our group and paid all of the registration fees. I don't know how we forgot to get a shot of the backs since it was the best part, they said:

BIG OR SMALL, SAVE THEM ALL
Maybe my new favorite t-shirt. We laughed all morning long. It was great to be able to have so much fun while supporting such an important cause. Many people ran with "in memory" tags and I realized how lucky I am to not have a lot of personal experience with the disease. My grandmother had breast cancer when she was quite old, and I have had some friends who have suffered, but so far those closest to me have been spared.


1 comment:

Julia said...

race for the cure is one of my favorites of all time! love your crowns!