Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bilingual

A few months ago I got a new little Ipod shuffle. It's metallic pink and has become one of my favorite accessories. It amazes me how much technology they can squeeze into such a small package. Because it is so small, there is no screen but obviously you sometimes want to know the song or artist that is playing. Enter the voice of the Ipod. She knows all. It doesn't matter which random song may be playing, just a little touch of the button and she lets me know who it is. Sure, her tone is a little flat, but her information never fails. One of the best was when she told me I was listening to My Chemical Romance's Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na. Try saying that with no inflection. I have several artists and songs on my Ipod that are in spanish and hadn't ever really thought about whether or not she is bilingual, apparently she is not. When a spanish song came on recently I pushed the little button, waited for her voice, and was surprised to hear a male voice, a male voice with a Latin accident. I stopped in the middle of the store and started laughing. I guess even the ipod lady needs a little help sometimes.

No comments: