Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dinner

I really like to cook, what I don't like is deciding what to cook. I found a couple of new recipes this week that were delicious so I thought I would share. The best part is that they both were very healthy and had vegetables that I don't normally use.

Roasted Chicken and Squash
2 tea olive oil
2 chicken breasts
1/2 tea pepper
1/2 cup sliced onion
2 cups diced butternut squash
1/2-2/3 chicken broth
1/2 tea sage
Heat oven to 400, heat the oil in a skillet, season the chicken with half the pepper and some garlic salt, brown on each side for 2-3 minutes. Take the chicken out, add the onion and squash to the skillet, cook for 2 minutes, add the broth, sage and remaining pepper, return the chicken to the skillet and cook in the oven for about 15minutes until the squash is tender.
***A few tips from me. I actually made this twice last week, the second time I put too much broth and it made it a little too soupy. Go easy on the broth and make sure you have a big enough pan to spread out the squash and chicken then it will taste more roasted.
***Also, you can buy the squash at Costco already cut up, the only way to do it.
***One more plug, Tim and his brother generally don't like squash, but they both loved this recipe.

Stuffed Portobellos
I found this recipe while reading my magazines at the gym. I knew I loved portobello mushrooms but didn't think I liked brussel sprouts. Apparently it is all about how you cook them. You may have to work to find the quinoa, it took asking three people at Harmons to find a clerk who even knew what quinoa was, but so worth it. I can't believe there is so much protien in a grain. We grilled salmon to complete an amazing dinner.

I still haven't figured out how to make a link so you will have to cut and paste. Follow the link, you will thank me later.
http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/recipefinder/stuffed-portobellos-recipe-ghk0111?click=main_sr

Does it negate any of the dinners that they were both followed up with rice crispies?

No comments: