Total Pageviews

Friday, March 12, 2010

Seventeen Random Thoughts

1. I made some really amazing lasagna last night. It is in the fridge waiting to be baked. Is it wrong to get so excited about a meal that I made?
2. At the gym today I was by the old guy who talks back to the TV. This morning he was cheering on/yelling at the basketball game. I'm not positive if he was aware that it was a re-run. I didn't think it would be appropriate to point that out to him.
3. I am really digging on the song "Weary Heart". I actually discovered it watching early morning CMT on the treadmill.
4. Seeing that it won "best song", reminded me of how much I love the song "Once", also an Oscar winner.
5. As long as we are on the topic of songs, it's not new, but I am still really digging on "I'm Not Ready to Make Nice". I'm not sure that I agree with all of the Dixie Chicks' politics, but man do they write some great music.
6. I have some weird magazine issues.
7. For instance, I can't read a magazine until it is the month that it says on the cover. Seriously, why can't they just send them in the right month.
8. Also, I read my magazines from the back. Let me clarify, I start at the back, read the good stuff there, then flip to the front and continue.
9. I know that tanning beds are taboo, but can I just say that I LOVE THEM. I don't really care about the tanning effect, but when you live in Utah, where you can go days without seeing the sun in the winter, they are so fabulous. I turn off the fans, turn up my i-pod and pretend that I am basking on a beach.
10. Why do some people think it is funny to offend or make others uncomfortable? I really don't get that type of personality.
11. Will skiers and boarders ever get along?
12. I may have to give up watching American Idol. Seriously, the people who are staying and the people who are going are messed up. I can only stand so many awkward performances.
13. TGIF!!!!
14. If you are in need of a really good nail place - Nail Expo in Orem.
15. Just finished "The Heretics Daughter", stay tuned for the review. I gave it a B+
16. I really wish we could find a house to buy that doesn't need $30,000 in structural repairs.
17. We have found the perfect house, but I don't dare wish for it because I am afraid of a jinx.

2 comments:

aisy said...

#17-The one in Springville?

#11-No

Melissa said...

Loved the random thoughts....I read my magazines backwards too. And as for #10--I agree. I've been on the other end of that way too much lately. #17--good luck!