Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Risk


I've never been a "live on the edge" type of person. I've always preferred a nice, neat little world, without much danger but that's something I have been trying to break out of. It's not always necessary to have complete safety, in fact, it often inhibits growth and incredible experiences. Over the past two years I have taken a lot more risks - resulting in some pretty amazing changes in my life.

I stumbled across this quote today and have been thinking about it ever since. If you haven't ever read anything by Paulo Coehlo, do yourself a favor and look up some of his writings, or at least google his most popular quotes.

“Pitiful is the person who is afraid of taking risks. Perhaps this person will never be disappointed or disillusioned; perhaps she won't suffer the way people do when they have a dream to follow. But when the person looks back-she will hear her heart” P. Coelho

Something to think about it.

No comments: