Total Pageviews

Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines

Friday at about 6:30 p.m. I finished a very busy week of work, wedding plans, errands, etc. and headed for Tremonton to spend the weekend with Tim. I hate the drive there, but I love arriving to him and the calm and beauty of his house. This drive was fairly typical for a weekend with one bad accident, heavy traffic, and a little bit of bad weather thrown in for good measure. I was driving Tim's natural gas vehicle. I thought I knew how to switch it to regular gas, but it turns out that maybe I wasn't paying such great attention when he showed me where the toggle was. So there I was, crusing in the fast lane when suddenly I lost power (that's what happens when you run out of gas), and slowed down to about 40 mph. I tried frantically to find the switch, then gave up and began desperately trying to get from the fast lane, across four lanes of traffic to a shoulder where I could try to figure it out. Of course, no one thought they should slow down to allow me to change lanes. Instead, they all just got super annoyed at me for going so slow. Did they seriously think I was doing it by choice. I couldn't even find the hazard lights to try to garner a little sympathy slowing. There may have been a small amount of cursing involved, but I finally made it to the shoulder, frazzled, but intact. After 5-10 minutes of struggling, I found the switch and was on my way. I was still a little tense when I arrived at Tim's house, that is until I walked in and discovered this...

Not only did Tim have the house decorated, he also had prime rib for dinner and had baked heart shaped brownies. It just got better after dinner. He bought me flowers, and several little presents including Power Gels and new running socks. Does he know me or what. We had a fantastic evening.

Saturday we celebrated with his kids. We went to Siegfried's Deli (my first visit) where we ate German schnitzel, rottkohl and noodles with gravy. Later we met up with my parents and went through the Draper Temple opwn house. It was beautiful and peaceful.

This year for Valentines I was surounded by love, exactly as it should be.