Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 8, 2009

AT LAST..............

My love, Tim, has come along.....and last Saturday night, he arrived with this:
(Thanks dad and Jami for the photo help, closeups of sparkly things are tough)




Seriously, there is no photo shopping involved, that is my hand, with an engagement ring on it. As my babies would say, horray! I don't know what the cool kids are saying these days - another area where my age is showing. Those of you that have not yet met Tim are seriously missing out as he is an amzaing man. I have waited a very long time, and suffered through a lot of bad dates, but the end result has been so worth it. He is kind and caring and considerate. Did I mention funny, smart, and incredibly goodlooking. He has three kids, 14, 11, and 6, I am blessed to be getting to know and love them as well. Assuming we can find a venue (that's the lingo I learned a the Bridal Fair), we plan to get married on June 6. It turns out that is a popular date so wish us luck, or bad luck on someone who has reserved the date (I haven't seen Bride Wars, but I can already understand the desperation). I will probably post details and options on the blog, probably more than the casual reader cares to read, but the sisters need it.
Given that this is such a huge deal, and so amazing, it feels like I should have an incredible post to mark the occasion. However, my brain is a little mushy. It may not be witty or original, but I am seriously in love and so excited to share my life with this man. Looks like I will be having a super Valentines Day this year. Love you babe!
Since none of you were there to share the moment, Jami has reinacted the moment. Enjoy.

10 comments:

Teri said...

So bittersweet for me. I am THRILLED for you. So happy that my heart is smiling. But sooo sad that I won't be able to be there. You're sisters aren't the only ones that need the blog posts. Please shower us with details. Congratulations my old friend.

mylittlegems said...

OK that video is hilarious! CONGRATS!! I knew it would happen :) Please post a photo- or maybe he is already on here- I will look! I wish I could come- I will be about to give birth- so traveling is not an option. Do you still have the same #?? I am going to try to give you a call- talk to me friend!! I am thrilled for you!!! I understand your pain- having to wait and suffering through bad dates-but it is worth it and I am just really really happy for you !!! YEAH YEAH! Oh I am just really happy for you-:)

mylittlegems said...

oh- and that ring is quite something- love love love it- I think I may have to steal it- or just swap you mine for that one- love it:)

Jenna Theobald Broadbent said...

YAYYY! Congrats. The ring is amazing. Can't wait to see you guys in June!

aisy said...

the pics don't even do justice to the ring. seriously.

and it is about freaking time! congrats friend.

Hailey Yep said...

Oh! The ring is gorgeous! I'm so happy to see something other than a cell phone picture. So, so, pretty. And just perfect for you.

ElizabethandBradley said...

A gorgeous ring for a gorgeous woman. Congrats! I think June 6 is a great day but that could be because we got married on June 5. Good luck with the venue, I am sure everything will work out. It will be beautiful and classy whatever you decide to do.

ElizabethandBradley said...

A gorgeous ring for a gorgeous woman. Congrats! I think June 6 is a great day but that could be because we got married on June 5. Good luck with the venue, I am sure everything will work out. It will be beautiful and classy whatever you decide to do.

Julie Broadbent said...

Boooohoooo.....congrats....boooohoooo....awesome....booohooo....so excited..... :) The ring is fantastic!!! Wow! Can I try it on? If **** will share her boobs, then you should share your ring! :)

Melissa said...

Too excited to post--must call.

Congratulations!

Tell Jaime and your dad, great pics!