Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Redneck Tivo

I thought twice before writing this post as it forces me to admit my fascination (not quite obsession) with The Biggest Loser. This is the first season I have ever watched and I am fascinated. It is crazy how much weight they lose, and of course the intense workouts are fabulous. I would LOVE to have Jillian as my personal trainer. She does not let people slack and yells at them if they try. Last week she took the seats off the spin bikes so that her team could not sit down during the entire workout. Apparently this is the first season with significant drama between the contestants. That part is like a train wreck - you can't turn away, it's almost as good as reality TV on VH1.
So, last night I hurried home to be able to watch the show, hoping that one of the "villans" would be sent packing. When I got home I watched for a few minutes but then decided I needed to get some things done, so, I set the trusty Redneck Tivo (VCR), put in a tape and went upstairs. I passed the TV a few times but finally turned off the TV so as to not spoil the ending. At 8:45 I was done with everything and ready to watch. I almost cheated and watched the ending, but forced myself into the other room until 9:05. At that point I discovered one of the major flaws of my Tivo. The cassette tape in the VCR was actually Loony Tunes (compliments of Ada and Miles) and not suitable for recording. The VCR spit it out and sat happily idle the entire time that I counted on it to record my show. I do realize that this entire problem could have been averted if I would just give in an pay for Tivo or DVR. I might have to give in since American Idol is coming up soon and I cannot risk another VCR disaster.
By the way, one of my favorite people, Amy C was voted off. Check out her transformation. http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/contestants/transformation_gallery/season_6/

1 comment:

eran said...

Behind the internet DVR is the most substantial invention ever...

Here is a link to HULU a nice website for watching TV.

http://www.hulu.com/videos/search?query=biggest+loser