Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

How Many???

Tonight as I finished my swim, I passed a flyer for some sort of lap counting, club that the gym is sponsoring. The flyer kindly listed the number of laps required for a 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, and full mile. The only problems was, they listed 72 laps for a mile when for years I have been counting 64 as a mile. Perhaps this is the reason that swimming a mile in a triathlon always seems so much harder (it certainly isn't the murky, freezing water, and the people kicking, hitting and swimming over the top of me). I was bothered to the point that I did mental math all while I was showering and getting changed, trying to make their numbers make sense. I finally embraced my obsessive side and stopped to ask a manager at the front desk the length of the pool. The good news is, it ISs a 25 meter pool and 64 laps IS a mile. Tragedy averted, now on to a new excuse for my poor swimming in triathlons.


It definitely is a swim inspired day. I saw a guy this morning at the gym who looked just like Michael Phelps. Ok, he didn't have the snaggle teeth, but he did have the big ears could definitely pass for at least a Phelps cousin.

2 comments:

ElizabethandBradley said...

I am so excited for your random chattering that is waiting to get out. I always feel smarter after I talk to you. Thank you for saying that by reading Anthem by Ayn Rand I am now well read. I had to read it for class last semester, so I am now officially well read. Anytime you want to share good things to read share away, I tend to get stuck in ruts. Nice to see you in the blogosphere

aisy said...

Question is... do you trust the guy at the counter???