Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 8, 2023

The Boys (and Girls) of Summer - 2022

 

We spent most of the month of July at the ball fields - both Luke and Ruby had lost of regularly scheduled games, and then Luke's league had a tournament.  I really love the baseball park in the summer, and I especially love watching my kids play.  Luke worked so hard this summer on his game and became such a good little pitcher.  Quite honestly, I preferred when he played 1st or 2nd base because I didn't stress so much.  But watching what he could do on the mound also just made me so proud.  There were several games that were so tight and tense, and he really handled them like a champ - stood up there and threw strikes when everybody's eyes were on him.  His team fought hard and ended up playing in the championship game.  They ultimately lost, but we were so proud of the second placed.  Luke had two buddies on the other team and I think that made the loss a little bit easier - it certainly made it more fun to watch.  Luke's coach, Lawrence, really gave so much to the team/  The boys really got to be quite close and supported one another which of course, is my favorite thing to see.  Luke has had some pretty great sports seasons, and I think this would definitely be up there as one of the best.
















Never one to be outdone by the boys, Ruby also had a great season.  This was her last year of machine pitch, and she improved so much.  She practiced a lot at the batting cages and got some new purple batting gloved, and suddenly she was hitting clear into the field.  We have loved the group of girls that she has played with, and her coaches have been the best - hopefully she will be able to play with them again next season.  She will be moving on to kid pitch and is already talking about how much she wants to pitch.  I have no doubt that both her brains and her brawn will take her far on the field. 


No comments: