Total Pageviews

Monday, January 9, 2023

July Miscellaneous - 2022

Have I mentioned how much I love the summer - especially July.  In addition to the big events, we had lots of fantastic small moments.

Regina Spektor concert with my best girl.


Lagoon

Lots of Biking




Crafting

Ice cream making

And even more time swimming...
We spent time at the Provo Rec





And the lake.




There was one dark spot on our otherwise sunny July - Phil Ivie died.  He was my first real boss, the guy that took a chance on me when I needed a paralegal internship, and effectively launched my entire career.  He was a brilliant man with a sharp wit, and you never wanted to be on the wrong side of one of his intellectual attacks.  He was so generous with his knowledge and mentored me and so many others.  Leaving his office for a new job was one of the hardest things I ever did.  We had an awesome group that worked together for over ten years and seeing everyone again at his funeral felt like the best family reunion, even though the occasion was such a somber one.  I had no idea, when I talked my way into an interview, how much that job would shape my life. But working for Phil had a profound effect on my life and I will be forever grateful for the privilege and opportunity.

No comments: