Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 3, 2022

February Miscellaneous, 2022

 February was a month of highs and lows - sometimes life can be really tough and we had a lot of time to reflect on what really matters most.  During this month of love, we felt blessed to both receive, and give love to so many that are important to us.  

We spent the afternoon at the Thanksgiving Point Butterfly Biosphere with Grandma and Grandpa Whitesides.  The butterflies are my favorite, but I think everyone else was more interested in the bugs and other creepy crawlers.  We ended with dinner at Costa Vida - one of our favorite traditions.






Gosh Tim was a cute little boy!
I love when his parents send us these great pictures.

The 4th graders in Luke's elementary school were selected to create and perform a dance in the District Dance Concert.  He worked on it with his friends and classmates for about two months and spent a lot of time after school at the practices.  Luke was really nervous to perform, but once he got on stage, he completely lit up and you could see how much he loved the dance.  When they were finished he came and gave me the biggest hug, then spent the rest of the night talking about how much fun it had been.  I love that he had this opportunity and discovered that he actually enjoys performing with a group.






Tim and I celebrated Valentines a few days early with lunch and a walk in the sunshine.


The kids had a great Valentines celebration - we just didn't take any pictures.  Ruby made the cutest rainbow valentines box, and Luke's was a super funny toilet but I guess they will just have to live on in our memories.  But the heart shaped scrambled eggs....they will be remembered forever.

My sweet friend April lost her husband Shawn to pancreatic cancer and brought him home to Santaquin to be buried.  April moved in next to me when we were six years old and we spent most of our childhoods playing and exploring.  She is one of the sweetest people I know, and I was thrilled when I realized that she was dating my friend Shawn from my Spanish class at BYU.  They have built a beautiful life and family together and I have loved watching their adventures.  Cancer is just cruel and I hate that it has caused her and her family so much pain.  I was so grateful that we got the chance to mourn with her, and celebrate Shawn's life and legacy.  Reading all of the memories and experiences that people shared made me want to be a better person and love people like he did. 

This was such a "full circle" moment - April Ben and I spent our youth together in this exact church gymnasium.  We would have all preferred a different reason for our reunion, but it was great to reunite and reconnect.


Luke played two songs in his piano recital.  When he sat down after, he told me exactly how many mistakes he thought he had made - but I didn't hear any of them and thought he did awesome!  I always love watching him play and seeing how quickly he has progressed since starting lessons. 

Just your monthly dose of the spoiled puppy.


As part of the requirements for his CAS class, Luke did a STEM fair project, and then presented his findings.  This is the first time he has ever done anything like this and I was so impressed with all of his hard work.  He really learned a lot and I was so impressed to see him explain the project and conclusions, and answer questions about the planes he flew. 

Daddy-Daughter makeovers


Juniper turned 8!
We all loved being able to celebrate her big day.



We finally made it back to the Marriott Center for a BYU basketball game.  COVID really ruined the last two seasons for us, and then somehow we got busy and only got there for the last home game.  It was just as much fun as we remembered and Luke and I had a great night together.  



Ruby and Tim had their own date night while Luke and I were at the game.

No comments: