Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

August Miscellaneous 2019

August was awesome!  Honestly, we have had so much fun as a family, and are just so lucky that we get to spend so much time together. 

The kids finally made it back to Vivian Park for some summer fishing.  They were so excited when we were able to all eat rainbow trout for dinner.




Ruby lost her bottom front teeth several months ago and has been wiggling the top teeth ever since.  We even read Junie B. Jones and the Loose Tooth for inspiration.  After a lot of effort, she finally got it out and was the happiest girl alive.






Good thing we have friends to help with our garden

And Luke is always happy to help Drake with his chores

Tim decided to do the Run Elevated Half Marathon as part of his training for the St. George Marathon.  The kids and I got up early and headed to Sandy where we met up with Erika to surprise Tim and cheer for our favorite guy.  The course ran down Little Cottonwood Canyon so it was fast and pretty.  Tim had a great race and ran really well.  Good job babe. 





My poor mom had to have a full knee replacement to fix a partial knee replacement that didn't quite work.  She has been such a trooper, but it has been hard for her to be so sidelined with pain.  After the race Jessica and met at the hospital to visit her.  Even though she was in pain and trying to recover, we all still had a great time together laughing and catching up with each other.  


A very long Saturday ended with a ward picnic up the canyon.  Tim and I were technically on the planning committee, but Tim was the real superstar.  He really did a lot to make sure the party was a success.  We had a great turnout and it was nice to see so many people enjoy the evening. 


Making banana bread,
This little girl loves to help!

My dad and I had planned to use their Scera Shell tickets to see Leann Rimes but then my dad decided he needed to stay home and take care of my mom.  Tim and I tried multiple options for babysitters, and eventually decided that he and Taylor should take the tickets and go.  Neither of them were very familiar with her music, but still really liked it, they said that it was a great show.  


Just another day in the life of a fashionista kindergartner



The cutest girls

Tim and I kept with tradition and ran in the Mt. Nebo race series.  He decided to run the full marathon, but I was only half crazy and ran the 13.1,  I was pretty nervous going into the race because I hadn't been running very well, but it went better than expected.  The canyon is my very favorite and I was able to just enjoy the views and not worry about my pace.  After finishing I went back to cheer for Tim and thought that I might run in him the last mile together.  But when I saw him he looked so good, and was running well, that I just told him how awesome he was and met him at the finish line.  I think we both finished happy with our races and glad for the chance to run.  



This little man loves to wear our medals

When we hiked Stuart Falls earlier this summer, Tim took this cute picture of Ruby and a heart shaped tree.  A few months later he looked at a picture that Mike took of Megan and was shocked to see that it was the exact same tree.  

Tim was able to get his teeth cleaned by his niece Jordan.  She is finishing her hygienist degree and needed some willing teeth for practice. 

Breakfast with Erika is always the best

No comments: