Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Cousin Camp August Edition


After having such a great time on their last sleepover, Luke and Gavin decided they needed at least one more before it's time to go back to school.  Gavin came home with us on Sunday night after dinner in Santaquin so by the time we put the kids in bed it was already late.  I told the boys to go to sleep quickly, but it was almost midnight before they finally crashed.  Periodically I yelled out half heartedly for them to go to sleep, but I really couldn't bring myself to end the fun.  It was so cute to listen to them whisper, and giggle, and make up games and stories.  I love watching as they create so many great memories. 

Monday morning Tim packed all the fishing gear and took them up the canyon in hopes of catching some fish for dinner.  Darn it, they were skunked, but it looks like they still had plenty of fun.






We keep measuring to see if Luke is taller, but so far Gavin is still the tallest, and based on this picture, definitely the strongest.



Somehow mealtime always seemed like a party.



On Monday night we took Gavin on a bike ride to show him around the new Provo High.  The kids were so excited to get out and run on the football field and race around the track.  They had so much fun that I think they have about convinced Gavin to be a Bulldog.  When I told the kids I wanted to take a picture, Ruby quickly moved to the middle and threw her arms around the two boys.  It was one of my very favorite moments and I hope this closeness lasts throughout the years. 




After Gavin had been with us for two days, we packed his bag and headed to Payson Canyon to meet up with his family and my own cousins.  My cousin Kyle was visiting from Texas so his family organized a get together for all of the Hancock and Broadbent family.  After talking for a bit, we realized that Kyle had never met Tim so it had definitely been awhile since we had seen each other.  We mostly just hung out and chatted and had a great time catching up with each other.  It was the perfect place for all of the kids to run wild and it was fun to watch a second generation play together.









Water fight games are always a hit


No comments: