Total Pageviews

Monday, December 11, 2017

November Miscellaneous, 2017

November was warm, and busy, and had plenty of daily moments that I don't want to get lost in the sea of big events.  Obviously I love the vacations, the holidays, etc., but more than that I just love my life and the blessing it is to live with and adore my people. 

Barefoot in the sandbox in November!

Showing off mama's pretty flowers

My mom was recognized at the Utah Music Teachers Association conference as their Foundation Fellow for the year.  To be honest, I am not positive what exactly it means, but it is clear that her fellow teachers love and respect her.  It was fun to watch her be the superstar in her best environment.

Cousin time is their favorite


There is always plenty of fun with the neighborhood crew.

Cute little princess!

Poor Ruby developed the strangest case of hives....They actually started on the night we came home from California, but they were minor and we assumed a reaction to the sand and ocean.  By the next morning she was covered in large angry hives from head to toe and had developed a fever and was pretty lethargic.  I called the doctor's office first thing but couldn't get an appointment until the afternoon so I spent the morning searching online and imagining all of the awful things she could have.  When we finally made it to the doctor, she immediately diagnosed it as as hives and said that she thought it was a reaction to a virus.  The poor girl, she was so miserable for at least a week, she was so itchy and it was hard to find anything to completely relieve the symptoms.  Eventually the hives went away - well they mostly went away.  Since the major outbreak, we have noticed that her skin is super sensitive and any type of scratch or mark wells up and gets red and angry looking.  We are hoping that the skin issues will just continue to heal and leave the poor girl alone.



Luke is lucky enough to have a specialized art teacher at his school and his class gets to spend time in the art room working on special pictures and projects.  The school sponsored an Art Night to show off some of the students' best work, and allow families to try some new creations.  We were not sure if we were going to make it, but at the last minute I was able to take Luke while Tim stayed home with Ruby.  It was such a big deal to Luke that we go and I was so glad we had made the effort.  I loved seeing all of the projects, but of course, my favorite was Luke's.  It especially made me happy to see what he wrote about his owl and how he could be helpful.  After we looked at the art, we joined a bunch of his friends in the gym to make paper clip helicopters and musical instruments out of bobby pins.  Luke is completely invested in his Lakeview Elementary community and I have loved watching what pride he has in his school.




We missed celebrating my mom's birthday with her because Ruby was sick - I had even made her requested German Chocolate Cake before decided not to go.  So, the next week I made another cake and we had a repeat celebration.  Everyone was thrilled to sing and eat cake twice.


November beauty....as seen from my run.

Oh how she loved this purse doggy,
Unfortunately, he had to stay at the store.

Poor girl, she and the doorknob had a run in....

After a lot of searching, and a few duds, Erika found and purchased a new car.  She is so excited!  We can't wait to see all of the amazing places that the new car will take her.

No comments: