Total Pageviews

Monday, December 4, 2017

Newport Beach



On our last morning at the hotel, we all slept in a little and then the kids and Tim took advantage of the pool and hot tub.  No one had been in the water yet on this trip so they decided they better get their swimsuits on and ready for the next adventure at the ocean. 


When we were planning this trip we debated whether to spend the extra time to go to the beach.  I'm so glad we figured out how to make it work because it may have been the highlight of the trip - in fact, when someone asked Ruby about her favorite ride at Disneyland, she said "the beach".  When we went to California last year we spent an afternoon at the ocean and the kids had fun, the but this year the fun was an at an entirely different level.  From the minute they stepped out of the car, both Luke and Ruby were completely enthralled and in what I refer to as "beach heaven".  They built sand castles, collected shells, jumped in the waves, and even made sand angels.  I loved watching them play so wild and free.  We spent two different days at Newport Beach and left each day tired, sandy, and completely happy.  Nothing better than spending time with my family at my happy place.

Our first afternoon was practically perfect!





















Back for More






This little girl was obsessed with the waves and just kept heading in deeper for more.  At one point I heard her yelling "This is why I love the ocean" while getting pummeled by a wave.  






Look mom, I'm surfing!




Best vacation with my absolute best people!

No comments: