Total Pageviews

Monday, May 25, 2015

Arizona - Happy Birthday to Me

I kind of love getting a present that can't be redeemed until a later date - gives me something to anticipate.  For my birthday in April, Tim bought us tickets to see U2 in Phoenix.  No only was this exciting because the band is so great to see in concert, but it meant a little getaway with Tim in the sunshine (thanks to my parents).  All of this a win in my book.


We left Friday morning and after a bumpy ride, and even bumpier landing, made it to Phoenix in time for a quick lunch at Zoe's Kitchen.  I went for the first time in Dallas in February and literally have been craving it ever since.  Tim agreed that it was fantastic.  After lunch we made a beeline for our hotel and more importantly, the pool.  For the next several hours we swam, slept, read, and basically did  a lot of nothing, all while basking in the sun.  I really could have left after just those few hours and been perfectly content.  Although, then I would have missed the main attraction....






A few years ago Tim and I went to a U2 concert in Salt Lake - one of the few times they have played here.  They put on an amazing concert and we had a great time.  I was actually a little nervous about whether or not I would like their most recent tour.  They have so many songs that I don't really know or love, and I was worried that we might end up disappointed.  I definitely did not need to worry. They did play a lot of songs that I didn't know, but they are so entertaining that it really didn't matter. And then when they got to the old stuff - they sounded as great as they ever have.  We were lucky to have Craig go with us to the concert.  He comments after were perfect, he said that he hadn't known it was on his bucket list to see U2 in concert, but that it have definitely been a bucket list kind of experience.  We walked back to our hotel and ended the night with fireworks from the Diamond Backs baseball game - the night was pretty much perfect. 










Saturday morning I took Tim for his first shopping experience at Last Chance.  It was everything you would expect it to be - crowded, messy, and kind of like a treasure hunt.  We found a few things - mostly shoes for Ruby, then decided we had had enough of the chaos and headed out to Craig and Hailey's to spend time with the family.  Roman was initially a little suspicious of us - it's been too long since we've seen him - but it didn't take too long before he was showing us his Iron Man costume and letting telling me stories of going to the library.  Sadie was much easier to win over - all it took was few trips up and down the slide and she was happy to hang with me.  After playing at the house for awhile, we all packed up to drive to the summit of South Mountain to play around in the rocks.  I knew that I succeeded in winning Roman's heart when he begged to ride in Aunt Monica's car.  Our trip to the summit was fast a furious - literally, but it was beautiful and I was glad to get a chance to see it. 





We for sure wished we would have had more time to spend time with family, but were grateful for the time we had.  The entire trip was short, but it was just what we needed, and by the time we landed in Utah, we were ready to get back home to our babies.  


No comments: