Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Ruby - Week One

So we made it home and then what.....It was actually pretty fun to get home, be back with Luke, and start adjusting to life with two "babies".  Luckily, Miss Ruby has made it an easy transition.  We knew we were really lucky with Luke - as a newborn he was a great sleeper and only really cried when he was hungry.  I didn't think it was possible to get another baby who was so easy going, but so far, she has been kind of a dream.  She eats and sleeps well and has been such a sweet baby.

Luke has been super interested in his sister.  As soon as he wakes up he wants to go find her and spends a lot of time watching her and smiling and the baby sister.  He wants to be very helpful and we are trying to teach him to be soft with her.  Whenever she is in her swing he wants to push the buttons and has a tendency to speed her up way too fast.  Luckily we discovered a lock button on her swing so she is safe for the moment.

Since coming home the three of us have spent a lot of time on the couch together and share most everythign.  I tried to keep my drink to myself for a little while but gave that up pretty quickly - the boy likes his ice.

We are pretty protective about taking Ruby anywhere, but love having visitors.  Jesse brought BYU brownies so of course, she was welcomed with open arms.  

We especially love visitors who bring dinner.  Thanks Jami, Jarin, and Co., we loved having you here.

Ruby had her first bath and didn't hate it too bad.  The biggest problem was trying to keep her warm - a little rough with a sponge bath.  

Tim's parents made it back from Mexico and we were happy to introduce them to their newest grandchild.  I think they were immediately in love.

When we were discharged from the hospital they told us they wanted Ruby to be seen by the pediatrician when she was five days old.  She had lost quite a bit of weight in the hospital and they wanted to make sure she was gaining it back.  The visit went great - she was back to her birth weight which made the doctor really happy since they were just hoping she would be there by the time she was two weeks old.  

Lots of visits from Grandma and Grandpa Broadbent.

Friday night Brycen got to meet his little sister for the first time.  He couldn't believe how little she was but loved her immediately.

I'm not sure what was going on with Mexico, but Cory was also out of the country - Mexico City - and didn't get to meet Miss Ruby until the end of the week.  I was pretty jealous, I've always wanted to go to Mexico City, somehow the timing was not quite right.  

On Sunday Ruby finally got to meet her big sister.  Tim has said since Ruby was born how much she reminds him of Erika as a baby.  If she grows up to look like her sister she will be a lucky girl.  

When the week came to an end I could hardly believe it - seemed like we had barely made it home and our little girl was already moving into her second week as part of our family.  We are thrilled to have our baby girl and continue to feel so blessed and fortunate to have her here healthy and strong.

No comments: