Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Acid Nightmares

I walked into Target last night and was horrified when I saw that they were selling Acid Washed Jeans. They weren't on clearance or even on sale - proudly displayed at the front of the closthing section. Who could have possibly thought that was a good idea?

I found this little commentary on the bad fashion idea that was acid washed anything:
"Do memories of 1980’s clothing styles send you running for the hills? Fear not, you probably aren’t alone! One of the hottest and thankfully short lived trends in this decade of fashion oddities was wearing acid washed jeans. The acid washed jeans trend didn’t become popular until the mid to late eighties and faded four to five years later. This trend seemed to go hand in hand with the big hair phenomenon of the late 80s. If you were a fan of one, you were most likely a fan of the other."

On the bright side, if acid washed makes a comeback, my hair was meant to be big.

3 comments:

And Kathleen said...

Monica,
I'm proud to say... I think I might have a crush on these jeans. ;)

On a more serious note - thank you for your comment on my blog regarding Everest. I am so so sorry for your loss. I am trying not to let my fear paralyze me but I can't help but think of those people on that plane - and their families and friends. I will be sure to keep you updated when I return. :)

Just SO said...

That is just crazy. I hope I can keep my daughter away from this trend. She loves everything else 80's though so it may be a losing battle.

Melissa said...

The pants are sick and wrong. Big hair on the other hand, I hope tht makes a come back. I'd love to teach my girls all the tricks and trades of mastering HUGE HAIR!