Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 28, 2010

We Are The World

Julie said no more books, so I will move on to music. Yesterday I read in the news that Quincy Jones is planning a remake of the Aid for Africa, We Are the World to raise money for Haiti. Holy nostalgia. I loved that video. I distinctly remember the first time I saw it. I was 12 years old and watched it at Charlene's house after school. Last night Tim and I found the video on utube. It was just as great as the first time. I was able to name all but one of the artists. Pretty impressed with my pop culture skills. Enjoy!



I can't wait for the updated version.

By the way, can someone help me figure out how to make the link show the video?

4 comments:

aisy said...

you have to copy and paste the "embed" link no the "url" link.

Julie Broadbent said...

And you paste it into your blog post under the HTML view, not the "compose view". Once you have embedded it, switch back to the "compose view" and you should be able to see it.

:)

Monica said...

Thanks for the help. Fixed.

Melissa said...

So, I just purchased the new "We are the..." for the most part, I loved it. There were a few spots however, where I thought this can't be happening. Does he really sing like that? And I'm not a huge fan of the rapping verse either. But the overall review is a thumbs up.

On a side not could you please email me some of your running playlists darling....for an old friend?