Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Do You Miss Me?

I am so behind on my postings. I'm sure the collective blogosphere is distraught, anxiously awaiting my next post and pleading for me to get caught up on the events of the B-W family. Actually, I'm not sure anyone other than Julie really keeps track of me so I had to figure out why I feel pressured to stay up to date. This is the only type of journal, scrapbook, memoirs, etc. that I currently maintain, so maybe it is the desire to have a record - for myself. I used to be really consistent about writing in a journal and included photos, ticket stubs, momentos etc. It was a good way for me to keep track of and make sense of my life. After a minor mental break I stopped the journaling as I didn't like to think about and process what was going on in my life. A lot has changed and I am in a much better place now, but I still haven't returned to journaling. Sometimes I miss it. I'm pretty sure that blogging doesn't do a lot to help me make sense of my life, but for the moment, it is at least creating a record.
Upcoming post to look forward to: Onion Days, Bear Lake, Mexico, book review of 1000 White Women and the St. George Marathon. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Julie Broadbent said...

I miss you! ;) Of COURSE I keep track of you. Mostly because I'm scared some full-bodied, Mexico pool shot will end up front and center on one of your posts -- but, still... :)

Our blog is our family journal, too. That's totally how I see it. If nobody ever reads it - so be it. Although my hope was to keep family members who don't live near us apprised of our goings-on.

Oh - and a secret? I keep a totally separate, hopefully will never-be-found blog for my Julie Journal. It's wicked. I hope you never read it. :) But it definitely is a place I can let loose with thoughts and feelings - and by the time I sign off, I usually feel so much better.

XO!