Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Soundtrack to Hell

Yesterday the "computer experts" were at my office working on the server. I am not sure what they were planning to do or the intended results. I do know that thanks to the experts, we ended up not being able to access our common drive, and all of the programs we use were either crashed or locked. None of this makes for a very effective day. However, being the patient person that I am, I could handle all of that without any real irritation. But then the beeping started. I don't like to cast blame or point fingers, but it was coming from the server room and didn't start until the experts started working in there. It was so loud that even with the door to the server room, and the door to my office shut, I could still hear the incessant beeping. It went on for almost two hours. Seriously, I know I sound like a drama queen here, but there are very few things more irritating to me than a timer, buzzer, beeping, etc. that goes off incessantly. If Hell were to be individualized to make it as uncomfortable as possible for each occupant, my room would have buzzers and beepers of all pitches and intervals with no "off" button. Just the thought of it has scared me to repentance.

2 comments:

eran said...

You need to hire better IT staff.

Julie Broadbent said...

What?????? Buzzers, beepers, etc. going off and off and off and off happened to bother you? Wow! I'm in total shock. Now, just add to it the fact that you could possibly have been SOUND ASLEEP...with the Caribbean Sea right out the window as sweet, soft, background song...and thEN the beeper goes off and off and off and off. I lOVE today! It has only taken 37 years...but the day is finally here!