Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Moab Half Marathon

Do not let the smiling faces in these photos fool you, it was quite awhile after the finish and we all had time to have recovered. The first time I ran this race was probably 8-10 years ago. At that time we just mailed in our registrations and ran. The race has become extremely popular and several years ago they went to a lottery system. Since then we have struggled to get in. This year no one was sure how badly they wanted to run so, of course, we got in. The weather has not been particularly conducive to training this winter and I wimped out and did a lot of my training on a treadmill. Midway through the race I was regretting that, it is not quite as effective. Overall I probably wasn't as prepared, physically or mentally, as I should have been. On the way to the start Tim and I discussed our racing strategies. I told him that I was going to just try to run tough and give up all of the excuses. When Jesse was running cross country, I kept telling her to expect the pain and just run through it. With that as a goal, I started off a little too fast and hard. When I started seeing stars and feeling black, I decided that it was probably time to back off. From that point on, it was a struggle just to get through the race. Honestly, I cannot remember the last time that I had such a bad race. It made it obvious how much work I have ot do before the Ogden Marathon in May! However, all of my people will be there so it will for sure be a great time.

The Crew
Susan, Aislinn, Kristina (Miss T), Tim, Me, and Dad/David

4 comments:

Melissa said...

You are my hero girl! I feel success when I run a mile. How pathetic is that? LOL! Keep up the great work! On a serious note, I've been meaning to email you about being my personal coach....serious. I need a little inspiration.

Your running team looks fabulous--what a great hobby to share with your future hubby and your dad! Cool.

Now you and Tim need to run up here and pig out with me and Robb (eating marathons is what we do...)

Hailey Yep said...

Once upon a time I was going to run a half marathon in May. Then I ran past the cupcake store and all bets were off.
Where do you find your willpower?

aisy said...

oh man... i can't believe i could smile. still shudder when i think of how i felt. oh ogden. so scary.

Jenna Theobald Broadbent said...

looks like fun!