Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

American Idol

Last night Tim and I watched American Idol live (no DVR and the VCR doesn't let you watch until the recording is complete). It's a long show when you can't fast forward through all of the lame interviews and judge comments, and have to watch the never ending Ford commercials. I hoped that with all of the whining from US automakers, Ford would not have so much money to spend on the cast "videos". It's tragic what some people are willing to do for fame. I think I would be less embarrassed to pose for scantily clad photos (sorry mom). We couldn't even channel surf during the commercials because the batteries are dead in the remote. It was practically like living before electricity. So far I don't have a favorite, and am waiting to get super excited about the season. In the meantime, here are my random thoughts from last night.


A few nights ago I dreamed about Anoop. It was extremely random - especially because I didn't even think he was good. In my dream I had won a contest to have a private concert which I decided to do at my parents because their house is bigger. When Anoop got there all of my family started speaking to him in really loud voices and with Indian accents because they thought that he couldn't speak English. It was super awkward. He didn't mind though and kept asking about the concert and offering to sing. I was trying to keep him busy because I really didn't want him to sing. I was afraid everyone would start laughing because he was so bad. When the dream ended, I was still parading him around the house, showing him the yard, etc., and ignoring his questions about the concert.
Surprisingly, I loved his performance last night. Tim wondered if it would spark a good dream about Anoop, but so far, nothing. I'm glad he did better. I don't think he will last long in the competition, but I really like his parents and I love that he is smart.
Adam Lambert - Wow, I can't quite decide if I love him or hate him. I'm pretty sure that I would never pay money to own his music or see him in concert. However, if someone offered either for free, I would so be there - serious entertainment value. His performance last night of "Ring of Fire" was WILD, but I loved how unique it was and have a sneaking suspicion that all of the "cool kids" think he is great. We know what Randy Travis thought, but the real question is, what did Johnny think?

7 comments:

eran said...

I saw Adam's ring of fire on youtube today and thought that Johnny Cash was going to rise up and rip his vocal chords out.

Anonymous said...

I may be showing my complete lameness here or at the very least my lack of American Idol knowledge, but who in the hell is Johnny?

Hailey Yep said...

This makes me sad. So, so, sad and lonely for you and our Idol parties. I'm with you though. There isn't anyone who I am super excited about. But I tell you this: Megan Joy Corkrey makes me super uncomfortable. Her "dancing" has got to stop. But i would probably have to say that Adam is my fav. For now.

Hailey Yep said...

And I don't have Tivo or a VCR so I have to watch the whole thing, plus commercials, every night.

Hailey Yep said...

And you HAVE posed for scantily clad photos. Mexico?

Hailey Yep said...

I don't have anything to say this time, I'm just going for the most comments posted record.

Melissa said...

Hmmmm--my favorites I really like Kris Allen and Danny Gokey. No surprise, I'm sure. Danny has a great story. As for Adam--I really like him to. He has a great advantage over the other contestants. We saw him in Wicked in LA. I know it's not the first time Idol has caught "crap" for having "over experienced" guests--I haven't decided if I think it's an unfair advantage or not...jurys still out for me.

I agree with Hailey--Megan's dancing has to go. She also needs to really consider her song choices. She has a unique sound that is growing on me--just bizarre moves.