Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 9, 2021

December Miscellaneous, 2020

Other than Christmas activities, the month of December mostly revolved around Hamilton.  There were a few other events that deserved documenting, but mostly, it was the dog!





Oh, but how could I forget basketball.  Ruby played the last few games of her season and absolutely loved her team and learning the game.  In fact, she keeps asking me if I can find her another team to play with.  I wish I could because I think this may be a sport that she really ends up loving, but unfortunately, there aren't a lot of options for 1st grade girls.  Hopefully she can keep practicing with Luke and in the neighborhood so she will be ready for next year.







Ruby and I picked out some fun canvas painting kits.  We had so much fun painting together.  Tim was super meticulous and never quite finished, but the rest of us loved adding ours to our Christmas decor.

Always full of Christmas spirit!

We love surprise visits from Grandma and Grandpa



Remember him???






Lucky to have a daddy daughter date.

We have had almost no snow this month, so when we had a little storm, the kids got right to work building a snowman family and enjoying the fluffy stuff.



This was a fun picture to discover, it was a few days before Boyd and Gayle got married - apparently all of Boyd's family went to Canada where they celebrated Christmas and then had the wedding.

Man we love the Larsens.




We watched a lot of BYU football during the month, but watching them play in the Boca Raton Bowl was definitely a highlight.  Luke has definitely become a true blue fan


As soon as the kids got out of school for Christmas break, Juniper started calling me to ask when she and Ruby could have a sleepover.  Not sure if it was planned by the girls, but if so, it was genius - so much harder to say "no" when it isn't your own kid.  After several conversations, we finally figured out a date and the sleepover happened.  Honestly, it is super easy to have the kids sleep over because they all have so much fun together.  This time everyone did crafts and then made up games to play.  They all had so much fun, and I think they even got a little bit of sleep.






Ruby got a game called Googly Eyes for Christmas and it has been a hoot!



We spent the afternoon at Nikelcade.  It has been so long since we have been there and man it was fun. There were a lot of fun games, but the kids mostly focused on what would give them the most tickets.  Watching them "shop" for prizes at the end was a very long process, but they were both so excited with what they got. 


Literally, the only picture I got of New Years Eve.  We actually had a really fun night, most of my family came over and we ate pizza, played games and watched the new Croods movie.  We got the kids to bed a little before midnight and then Tim and I stayed up till 1:00 a.m. watching Garth Brooks.  This past year has been weird, not all bad, but I am definitely hoping for some new adventures in 2021.

Worst part of December...after limping around for six weeks, I finally saw a podiatrist who figured out what damage I did when I dropped a cutting board on my foot.  Osteochondral defect of the first metatarsal head.  It sounds super impressive, but it's really just super annoying.  Right now I'm still in the boot and hoping - desperately - that it will heal without surgery.  

Top 9 photos on Instagram - 2021
Turns out, it was a pretty accurate representation of our best moments.



No comments: