Total Pageviews

Monday, December 21, 2020

Thanksgiving Weekend, 2020

We knew that Thanksgiving would look a little different this year, but had no idea how quickly everything could change.  I spent a big part of the day on Wednesday cooking and getting my contributions ready.  We got the kids to bed and I was ready to head there as well when Ruby started crying and saying that she felt sick, next thing I knew, she was in the bathroom puking.  Initially I just thought she ate something that upset her tummy, but by the third round, it was clear that something more serious was going on.  She ended up repeating the pattern and puking all night long and by the morning it was obvious that we would not be celebrating the day with any of our family.  So, I called my mom and dad and made arrangements to take some of our food to Santquin and picked up some turkey and rolls for our little meal.  Poor Ruby was so sick, she sat at the table and ate part of a roll with us, then ran to the bathroom to puke again.  We spent the rest of the day just lying around, watching movies and football, and playing with our new puppy - the major bright spot in our holiday.


Poor girl decided it was easier just to hang out in the bathroom.

Bringing this little guy home made our day so much brighter.

After several days in the house, we were all ready for a break and desperately in need of sunshine.  We got in the car and headed down to the lake where we spent a few hours watching the kids play and explore.  It was cold, but there was plenty of sunshine, and we were just so happy to bask in the glow.











For the past few years we have gone to some type of living nativity.  This year I found one that was indoors and they had made some changes to make it feel safe for everyone to gather this year.  After a long weekend of puking kids (yep, Luke puked all night on Saturday), I really just wanted to go home from work and go to bed.  But, I was so glad we decided to still go to the nativity.  It was basically a reading from Luke II with various actors, but it was just so sweet.  As we watched Mary and Joseph, the shepherds, the angels and the wise men, I felt such peace and gratitude for the Savior.  I think Tim and the kids felt something special.  This ended up being the perfect way to start the Christmas season.




No comments: