Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 3, 2019

Back to the Slopes

I recently heard that only a very small percentage of people who live in Utah actually ski - pretty ironic since people travel from all over the world for our snow.  I used to ski with my friends quite a bit, but since getting married and having kids, my skiing has been pretty limited.  Last year I didn't actually go at all - the snow was awful for most of the season and I'm spoiled and only like to ski if the snow is great.  This winter has been long and cold and the weather has been rough, but that has meant plenty of good snow.  A few weeks ago I was able to get up to Sundance with Kristina and it was pretty amazing.  The snow was great and the company even better.  We had a "fast pass" which let us skip the lines so we skied hard and then used our time on the lift to catch up.  We had so much fun and by the time I got home, I was already scheming and planning another trip.

Always a picture of the feet...at the beach it is bare feet, but this view is almost just as fun.






Thanks to my mom, Tim and I were able to spend another Saturday at Sundance and it was glorious.  There was fresh snow and we had sunshine and blue skies the entire day.  Spending the day together on the mountain was the best date and we just felt so lucky to spend so much time in nature.  We have been trying to decide when we want to teach Luke and Ruby to ski.  While we were there it seemed like a good idea because we want them to experience the mountain, but realistically, I think we will wait until at least next year.  Let them get a little bigger and a little stronger, and hopefully able to put on their own gloves and goggles. Here's hoping to a few more ski days before the season ends.


No comments: