Total Pageviews

Monday, January 21, 2019

Book Report - 2018

When I was young I used to get in trouble for reading - true story.  For most of my life I chose reading over just about any other activity, including chores.  I escaped to my room, and a book, whenever I had the chance and sometimes had to be gently reminded that I had other responsibilities.  Fast forward to adulthood and the struggles have been reversed...I still love to read but always seem to be much too aware of everything else that "should" be done.  Over the past year I didn't read quite as many books as I would have liked, but I did carve out a little time for reading.  After reviewing my list though, I decided that I need to be a little more selective.  I read way too many mediocre books and need to figure out a way to choose a little more wisely.  Anyway, here's the list of books I read during 2018 along with my grade:

The Couple Next Door  B

The Life She Was Given  A-

Right Behind You  B+

The Indifferent Stars Above  B

Augie and Me  A-

Camino Island  B

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo  B-

Plain Truth  B-

Inside the O'Briens  B-

Sharp Objects  B-

Next Year in Havana  B

As much as I love having a tangible book to read, I have grown to love audio books almost as much.  Anytime I'm at the gym, driving, cleaning, or doing projects I usually have my headphones in and I am almost always listening to a book.  This year I found a few of my favorite books this way:

The Lost City of the Monkey God  B+

The Great Alone  A

Every Fifteen Minutes  B-

Say Nothing  B

Beneath a Scarlet Sky  A-

Long Way Gone  B

Lucky Boy  A-

Force of Nature  B

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society  B+

The Handmaids Tale  B

An American Marriage  B

Half Broke Horses  A-

Crazy Rich Asians  B-

One Day in December  B-

The Sun Does Shine  A




No comments: