Total Pageviews

Monday, December 17, 2018

November Miscellaneous 2018

Wow, it feels like November was a lifetime ago...one day I'm determined to get caught up on this blog.  I keep thinking I should skip ahead and catch up a little at a time, but it would drive me crazy to have the post be out of order...so, just consider this a chance to reminisce along with me.

To start the month out, I got to go on a field trip with Luke's first grade class.  We rode the bus to the Scera Theater and saw the play "How I Became a Pirate".  The play was cute but I mostly just loved being with Luke and watching how he interacted with all of the other kids his age.


About a year ago I discovered the Broadway show Come From Away and I've been dying to see it ever since.  I knew I would love it but wasn't so sure what Tim would think.  He went into it not knowing a single thing about the play and by the time it was done, I think he loved it as much as me.

Luke played a lot of basketball during the month.  This has been his first time to ever play and I think he has been a little disappointed with the experience.  He puts so much pressure on himself to do well and the fact that he hasn't been the star, and hasn't made any baskets, makes him sad.  Tim has coached the team and does a fantastic job at teaching and encouraging, so I keep hoping that with a little more experience, he will figure out how to play and have fun. 


She couldn't understand why I didn't want her to wear make up to church.

Luke loves it when Tim puts up the Christmas lights.

We really love baby Penelope.  At church one day Ruby thought Penelope looked so cute and wanted me to take a picture with her.  She was so excited when she found out that the clothes had been hers when she was a baby.  I love seeing her baby clothes being worn again by such a sweet babe.  And of course, Luke couldn't resist a chance for a picture with the baby.


Nothing better than baby sitting this girl.

No specific significance, I just love these girls

We finally got the chance to celebrate Grandma and Jessica and their birthdays.  I love having everyone over, especially when the celebration includes animal print balloons - classy!


The kids talked us into decorating the living room and the Christmas tree the day before Thanksgiving.  It broke a few of my rules for scheduling, but I love how happy it makes them. 


For several weeks Luke begged me to let him have his hair bleached and colored.  I came up with a few half hearted excuses, then realized that I really didn't mind.  We scheduled an appointment with my friend Chante and she did a fantastic job on the highlights.  Luke loved how they turned out and now spends a big part of his day looking in the mirror and fixing his hair.  He is really the cutest.



When Luke was assigned a talk, talent or testimony, I suggested that he play the piano.  It took a little encouragement, and a lot of practice, but he played "My Heavenly Father Loves Me" in primary and surprised most people who didn't know he could play.  He did awesome and it made me so happy to see him work at it and then overcome his fear to get up and play for a big group.  

Not sure if they were playing sick or just relaxing.

Ruby had her five year old check up and passed with flying colors.  I was relieved to find out that her vision is fine, and she continues to grow and progress and be quite advanced for her age.  While she was there she got her kindergarten shots and the entire family got a flu shot.  There were a few tear shed and an awful lot of grumpiness for the rest of the day, but hopefully we are now all protected.

Ruby and I had the best morning playing Lego.  She designed and had me help her build this two story apartment motor home.  After driving it around for awhile, she decided to put Mary and Joseph and the Baby Jesus from the nativity into the first floor so that they would have a good place to sleep.  So sweet, and oh so funny.  And do you wonder why she is wearing snow pants?  We had just bought them that morning and she was just so excited for winter.  

No comments: